Translate

Friday, June 27, 2008

I'M AN IDIOT


Yes...it's true.
Let me just get it out of the way.... I'M AN IDIOT!
.....Why?....
Well..
My driver's license expired back in January. I know you can renew it up to 6 months, although if you get stopped, you can be in trouble for having an expired license.
Anyway, my thinking was, since I was moving, and would have to get a new license anyway, might as well just wait till after the move, and get it renewed then. I was quite aware that the 6 month period was coming to an end, and I made a point to post my "Drivers License Renewal" reminder, on the fridge, to remind myself. Blah, Blah, Blah..... I go today, to finally get it all over with.....and it dawns on me.. that the 6 month limitation, probably expired on June 21... exactly 6 months from my Birthday. I get to the BMV, hopeful that the deadline ran to the end of the month, but the "little voice" kept telling me, "don't count on it." After waiting in line behind a 15 1/2 year old girl getting her "Temps" with her mom, I casually approached the clerk, announcing I needed a new license. He looked at the date, and on his fingers, began counting the months. ... ugh.. this ain't gonna be good. He said he was sorry to say that It was over six months (by just 5 freakin' days).... and I would now have to take the written test, and driving test!!!... if that wasn't bad enough, I would also have to get a Temporary drivers license.... Just like that 15 1/2 year old!!!

IT'S MY OWN FAULT!!!!....Meet the "Procrastinator Extraordinaire!"
... OOOOHHH THE AGGRAVATION OF IT ALL! Now I have to go back, with my birth certificate...(Which I have to find... in those "misc." boxes) and get a Temp. License..which by the way will cost me $25.......then schedule to take the written test... then schedule to take the driving test!!! GRRRRRRRRR!...
... "HI... MY NAME IS MaryEllen.. (hi Mary Ellen)... AND I'M AN IDIOT.
No one to blame but me.....Lesson learned.
So.... In the throws of procrastination, I found plenty of time to start working on some Halloween Greeting card/hangings, to list on Etsy. It took me awhile to get back into my "groove".. but I feel quite comfortable in my new art room Digs.

I've been having problems with my digital camera. (Notice the Pinkish areas on some of my photos)... I thought I had worn out the motor, but learned from a co-worker, that Canon was having a recall on several models. I checked out the website, and my model is one of those being recalled. Yay... I contacted Canon, and it was quick and easy. They will make the repairs for free. They emailed me instructions, along with a shipping label, so I just have to get it in the mail..... Yes.. I won't delay!...
If you have a Canon, You might want to check and see if your model is on the list of recalled cameras or camcorders:
CANON CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Ahhhh so tomorrow is Friday!
This week absolutely flew by! Work has been very slow, So I got to leave early today. That's when I decided to do the License thing, and meet Gloria for lunch. I did register to vote.. I was already registered, but now I'm registered in my new city.
Lunch was really good. Gloria and I went to "Longhorn Steakhouse" Mmmmmm.
So.. the day wasn't a complete bummer. We had more storms come through. This is the 3rd. day in a row. COOL!

Ok.. that's all for now. Don't be a procrastinator like me!


3 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh! That So sounds like me! Don't do today what you can put off until tomorrow. I don't kick into high gear until the deadline is Near! You aren't an idiot you're just a creative person (that excuses a Lot of faults!). By the way, did you notice that I recommended your blog in my June 16th blog post? Have a good one! Twyla

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Your gorgeous Halloween pieces you've created just make me giddy with excitment! There so beautigul! I wish I had your talent!
P.S. Everytime I visit your blog I have to go look at your Halloween stars you created! I love those!
Have a good Sunday, Lindsey

Melissa said...

Oh, don't beat yourself up! We all can be "stoopid gerls" at times! LOL! I really like your Halloween pieces! Check out my new Halloween pieces at:
www.allhallowsevening.blogspot.com
Smiles-
Tootie