Translate

Monday, May 12, 2008

I'M LOVING IT!

I've been in my new apartment just one week, and I love it!
It was hard having to go back to work on Tuesday. All I wanted to do was stay home and play. While there are still lots of boxes left to unpack...mostly from the art room, I'm making progress.
My kids all had to work on Mothers day, so I told them we could reschedule and do dinner another day. I was now looking forward to having all of Sunday to get busy setting up my art room.

Late Friday night, Jamie came over with dinner from Outback, where she works. It was 1 a.m by the time she got here, but I was starved and didn't care! She brought Ribs, and a Steak, complete with bread and salad. It was worth waiting for! She spent the night, and in the morning, She went to get an extra set of keys made.

I had spent Saturday, at "W" Winnie's mom's house, with the other PSMWG's. Winnie's mom just sold her house, and we were all gathering to say one last goodbye. I got home around 2:30 a.m. and when I tried to check my e-mail, I couldn't get online. it took me an hour before It dawned on my to check the phone.... no dial tone.
Oh great. I assumed it would be back up soon, and I went to bed. When I woke up Sunday morning, I still had no phone or Internet. GRRRRRR. All I wanted to do was play in the art room all day, but now I had to get to a phone, and let the kids know what happened. I got dressed, and decided to head over to sister Deb's house to use her phone... no one was home. So, reluctantly, I drove another 5 miles, to Gloria's house. I rang the doorbell, and waited. After a few minutes, I realized she must be in the shower, so I decided to pass some time in Target, just up the street. I browsed for 45 minutes, and I'm proud to say, I left without buying a thing!
So, I went back to Gloria's and apologized for intruding. I used her phone, called the kids, and the Cable company, which only had a pre-recorded message saying they were aware of the service interruption in my area, and were working on fixing it.... ya ya ya.
I didn't get service back till 4 in the afternoon. It was actually a good thing, because I had time to organize my art room. My phone went dead again at 7:30... for 2 hours. GRRRRR! this better not be a "regular" thing!

So, It took me forever, just to disconnect the computer, TV, and move the folding tables in place. I also moved boxes back and forth. But finally it's starting to look pretty cool in here! I went through each box marked "ART" and picked out just the things I needed for now. The walk in closet is not, for now, but that's another project. The hall is still lined with misc. boxes. I have a feeling the unpacking will still be going on for a few more weeks. I'm waiting to hang pictures, till I decide just where I want them.

So... overall, everything has gone very well. I'm very comfortable living here, but still have the "new place" feeling, and not quite into a routine just yet. I still can't believe how large, cozy and comfortable the apartment is. I look forward to the weekends, when I can focus all my attention on settling in. I don't miss my "old" house one bit! I can't wait to have my first party, or art night!
yay! I'm home!!!
















No comments: