Translate

Monday, July 09, 2007

BEING SPONTANEOUS.....






What giant Margarita's?
Oh.. those.
Yum! And so was the food at "Fiesta Jalapeno"
or, as Gloria calls it "Feisty Jalapini"

It was a Spontaneous meeting. Something I haven't done in a long time with my daughter, or best friend Gloria.

It started out when Jamie asked if I wanted to go see the apartments she was looking at. I said yes, and off we went. First to one apartment, then another.

We ended up in Strongsville, then I told her "ya know, Brunswick is just up the road, wanna see my (future?) apartment?" She said yes, and off we went. On the way there, I thought about stopping at my sister Debbie's house, she will be living just down the street if I get to move there. Jamie called, but she was still at work. Oh Eureka!.. call Gloria!.. she's just 5 miles away! So, we called Gloria told her what we were up to, and that we were starving, and wanted to get something to drink. She was home, and said "ya!" After apartment looking. Off to Gloria's we went. Jamie had never seen Gloria's "new" home (she's already been there 9 1/2 years) but the kids had never made it out there. So we stopped over, and then headed to Gloria's favorite restaurant.. where, they "know" her well .. LOL.


We got a giant pitcher of Margarita's.. ahhhh sooo good.. so refreshing. The food was awesome.


Then we decided to stop and visit Gloria's sister and brother, who were also just about 5 miles away. They live on 10 acres of beauty.. So green. so lovely. And they even have a lake! Ahhh so peaceful there. We sat on her shady deck, then jumped on her golf cart for a "tour." The breeze was wonderful. She pointed out her Hybrid Crab Trees, which when they bloom in the Spring, smell like Roses! It was like a little mini vacation being there.


We headed back to Gloria's and for the first time in a long time, I just dropped her off ( usually I spend the night, and we stay up late drinking coffee and talking) It felt so funny "leaving" at dusk.


Jamie had a great time too.


It was so strange being the slightest bit spontaneous. Everything is always "planned" "What are you doing on the 29th?.... I'd like to come over around 2... "hmm let me check my calendar... ok.. ya that will work"...

What happened to the "good ol' days".. call your friend up.. "hi what ya doing?" "nothing".. "me either, wanna go to McDonalds?" "ok"... "cool, I'll be there in a few"
Now... everything is planned, and scheduled. Grocery shopping, friend visits, even going to the movies. I miss the days of grabbing your purse, and heading out the door.

It is HOT!!!
I actually looked forward to, my first Sunday working. At least I'd be in A/C! The day went fast, and for the first time at my "new" job, I got to drive home in daylight! It was great knowing I still had a good part of the day left.

I splurged, and went to "THE FLOWER FACTORY".. and limited myself to spending just $10... to satisfy my "need" to buy more art supplies. I convince myself, that everything I bought, will be used for my next art pieces. The Flower Factory is such a fun place to go! It's a huge wholesale warehouse-like place, filled with a a giant selection of dried and silk flowers, as well as arts and craft supplies, party goods, candles, baskets, .. and more. You can't just "run in " there. You need at least an hour... or more.

I was good, and managed to feed my addiction for just $11. I "put things back", and was still satisfied, that I got new stuff! I bought some cute little teenie dried flowers, that were just .06-.11 cents! I picked up just a few scrapbook papers, checked tissue, and of course some glitter glue. I'm thinking about my next "Halloween" designs, as well as a new line of Christmas card ornament/greeting cards. Every August, I get the itch to do Halloween stuff. I don't know why.

I finally made it home, and daughter Allison stopped in, to pick up some things I promised her, for her new "Camper/trailer" she just bought. She's so excited about this "big" purchase! I'm happy for her! So now she's all about updating it, and stocking it. I gave her a pile of towels, pillows, blankets, and and coffee maker.

Ahhh so. I was so tired, from the heat, and the fact that I couldn't sleep last night, and was almost late for work! I even tried a half glass of wine last night, hoping it would make me sleepy. Ya well, It finally did, at about 6:30 a.m. Finally, I drifted into a coma-like sleep, just as I needed to wake up! grrrr.

So. Here I am 5 a.m. I had gone to bed around 10:30 last night.. (sooooo early for me!)... and then my eyes snapped open at 3:30. I thought I'd just get something to drink, and head back to bed, but the heat has got me, and here I sit.

Again, I so love being able to stay up late, and sleep in if I want. I don't have to leave for work till 3 p.m.

That's all for now.
ugh
it's
Monday

..... again...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, I'm happy you had such a good time. See how great it will be when you live in Brunswick? Spontaneity will be a lot easier when you're closer to all your friends.

Second, I want one of those margaritas from the Feisty Pini. They just don't know how to make them here. I'll be in next year to visit and you can bet their bar profits will be UP UP UP! lol

Have a good week in spite of the heat ... we may reach 85 and everyone is panicking :) lol

MaryEllen said...

85?... we'd all have sweaters on! lol.
Nice to hear from you, and nice to know someone actually reads the Blogs!
Hope all is well. I'll look forward to seeing you again, and toasting with frosty Margarita!
OLE`!