Translate

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Art in progress....

Well, I did it... I did some art!
After getting up so early on Saturday,
I started cleaning the artroom.. (check it out!)well, straighten is more like it. But it's
much better now. I need to just take a whole
day, and pull everything out, and really
organize it all... one of these days.
Anyway, I sat down to do art, around 10 a.m.
and worked all day. It was great.
I love Halloween, and love making Halloween
art, so I was having a great time.
It was pretty humid this weekend, good thing
there was a breeze coming through those windows!
The craft show is just a small thing. So I'm trying to keep it simple. No big fancy paintings,
just little magnets, and do-dad things. I could use the extra money, and it's a good reason
to do art. I went to bed about 1 a.m. and got up at 9 a.m. ... suprisingly, I didn't even sleep in!
I bounced out of bed, and jumped in the shower, then back into the artroom. Only stopping
because I had to go to great nephew Carmen's birthday party. I couldn't resist stopping at Pat Catan's on the way... and ended up spending 1 1/2 hrs. in there! The Bedford location is bigger and better, than the Parma store. So I picked up more stuff.... yikes...

I got back from the party, and headed right back to work. It was great!
I watched the Emmy Awards, and loved some of the dresses. Lots of Plum colors, and Lacey gowns. I really dislike Conan O'Brien.. glad he wasn't on so much.
So... I'm getting sleepy. Can't believe the weekend is gone again. Well atleast I got somethings done!
Check them out. These are 4 x 6 magnets/hangings. I've got a few other things in the works. I figure what I don't sell at the craftshow, I can stick on Etsy.

It's funny, when I make new art, I love looking at it. I'll drag it around with me. Right now, all these pieces shown, are sitting on my computer desk. I fall in love with each piece. They're like
my "new children" in a way. That they were kind of living up in my head, and now here they are! I hope that doesn't sound too strange! LOL....


So........ I'm just watching the time tick by. It's 12:52 a.m The weekend is offically over... : (
Time to wind down, and go to bed. Another week awaits.
Hope you have a great week.. who ever you are, and wherever you are!

Bless You!
...MaryEllen...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: