Translate

Saturday, August 26, 2006

The crack of dawn....

Wow! look at me!... I'm up! it's 7:25 a.m on a Saturday morning.... this is unheard of for me..I like to sleep in on my Saturdays. No alarm clocks, no rushing off to work.
I thought I'd capture the moment, with a picture of the sunrise, and my "healthy" breakfast, Bacon, Eggs, Italian bread toast, coffee, (In my favorite cup) and Pepsi..... ya really. It's wierd I guess, the coffee tastes good, But not good when you're thirsty.. thus the Pepsi.
I actually woke up, around 5:30 a.m. really!
I laid down to take a quicky nap last night....around10 p.m... nap you say?... well for me it was, I like to take a little nap, then get up, and stay up late, on Friday nights. I'm more creative late at night, and it's just what I like to do. So anyway I'm up nice and early, still have the whole day ahead of me. I plan on cleaning my really messy artroom, then get in there and do some art! I'm inspired because
I just signed up for a local art show, and I'm excited because I can do some Halloween stuff. I always get in the mood to make all things Black and Orange, this time of the year.
The show is just a small thing, put on by an area Mall. But who cares? I get to make art!
......Update. I overcooked my Eggs.. lol.. I like to dunk my toast, and it just wasn't happening this morning... oh well..
I'M UP EARLY!!!!

I went to Joanne Fabrics, in the new "CITY VIEW" shopping center, yesterday after work. I'm loyal to my favorite craft place "PAT CATAN'S"... they have 40% off most items everyday, but I thought I'd check out the new place. I was in there for 2 1/2 hours! wow. Yes, I'm a browser. I checked out the Halloween stuff, for inspiration, almost bought 2 white washed metal garden chairs... (70% off! ....would have come to just $24 for both chairs!!!!) I resisted the templation, and walked away.


I spent 1/2 hour in the scrapbook paper section. Paper on sale, 6 sheets for 96 cents.. (what happened to the "cent" sign?.. ya know, there used to be one on old typewriters)
They even had "BASIC GREY" papers on sale too. I had seem them on the internet, but never in person... wow.. I think I actually said "OH!" out loud! Yes, very cool. I looked around, and there were about five other women in the isle with me. each starting on the left, and slowly working their way down, eyes fixed on each colorful row. I had a brief conversation with one of them. She was choosing papers for a baby book. She asked which paper I thought worked best together, she pointed out a whole other section of papers for me to oggle, Then said she had already had over $40 worth the papers in her cart.... "shhhhh, don't tell my husband... (laughter).. he says if our house ever catches fire, it will be because of all this paper!" After looking at all the papers, I abrubtly turned away. "I have to get out of here" I said out loud, muffled giggles could be heard from the other paper addicts. I grabbed my basket, and walked away. As I passed other art goodies, I just kept saying "don't look, don't look" in my head. I made my way to the register, without grabbing one more thing!
So now, going through my bags, I realize the glue, and "Foamies" sheets I bought, are no where to be found. I checked my receipt, and they're on it. Damn. When I was checking out, I had put a few things back, and I think my things might have ended up in the "put back" pile. So now I have to make another trip back to Joanne's.... Grrrrrrr. Ya, I'm thinking about those things I put back... will I be tempted to get them now?........ stay tuned.
Ok.. It's 8:01... I think I need to get my dead butt out of this chair.. and DO all the things I said I would today. I'll get by without those forgotten items for now. I'm sure I have plenty to work with.... have you seen my artroom?
More later... have a great Saturday!
... Bless you...
MaryEllen
Posted by Picasa

No comments: