Translate

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Mentally moving....



















My new apartment?
...maybe.
Last weekend, my best
friend Gloria and I, went
to look at apartments for me.
I've lived in my current place
for 11 years. I like where I live,
but it's time for a change.
Right now I have Living room,
dining room, 3 bedrooms,
1 1/2 baths, laundry room. It's
alot of house for me.
I never thought I'd move. I love it here.
I lived upstairs for three years, and Gloria lived down stairs. (of a double home) When she moved to Medina, which is about 30 miles from Cleveland.
I moved downstairs, and I've been here ever since. Gloria loves it in Medina, and
keeps trying to get me to move there too. That was like telling me to move to China...
It was never gonna happen. I've been in this area my whole life... why would I move?

then it occured to me. Nothing was keeping
me here any longer. The kids are done with
school, and all on there own,
Most of my friends have moved away.
Only my job, that's just 4 minutes away.
So why not move????
So I did it. I started looking for a place to move.
I went to Gloria's last weekend, and she and I went to a couple places. One she had seen when a friend of ours was apartment hunting.
I had a list of apartments I wanted to see in the Brunswick, and Medina area. The first one, that I thought had everything I was looking for, was disapointing. It was cramped, and not much space. The second... Glorias favorite... was perfect! well.. almost, the only thing missing was a patio. These are the pics. Isn't it cool??? I love the Bay window.

It's spacious, light, and airy. And now I can't stop thinking about living there. I've mentally moved in, and decorated. .. ah I wish.l
I won't really be able to move till next year. I have bills to take care of, and I house full of junk to clean out. ... yes... I'm a pack rat. Today, I actually started to "purge." I tackled my laundry room...
AKA... the dump sight for things with no home. Right now, beside the washer and dryer. There are several boxes of daughter Jamies stuff, that she never took with her when she
moved out three years ago. The top part of
my mothers hutch, sitting on a small dresser.
A 1920's Enamel top table, that was buried under unfolded laundry. A small computer desk, an air conditioner, chair, .... well. you get the point. So today, I "found" the table again. Threw out 3 bags of garbage. It's a start, but at this rate
I might not be ready to move till 2008!!.. yikes.
The table is adorable. It was Glorias, and she left it for me. I thought about selling it, in a garage sale before I move... but then Gloria suggested I use it in my "new" kitchen.. PERFECT! It's small enough, and definitely funky enough. It just needs a fresh coat of paint.
I'm so excited about moving. Not the moving part, just having a cool apartment, and the fact that I will have dumped alot of junk! No more hallway linen closets, and window seat drawers for me to fill with "stuff." So.. the other set back is, having to find another job closer to Medina... ( I refuse to commute 60 miles every day) and coordinating
a new job and moving. Timing is everything!
Ok. So wish me luck! I'm hoping by this time next year, I can be writing about my new apartment, and the new job.. that pays so much more than where I "was"....... ya right. :-P
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wouldya move already!?!?

It looks like a GREAT place. I hope it works out for you. Remember CHANGE CAN BE GOOD FOR THE SOUL!

Go girl!

Love ya!

Teri