Translate

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Little Carmen....

Shhhhhhh!baby sleeping!
This was taken last night when I babysat for my two year old (great) nephew Carmen. He is the sweetest little boy. He barely noticed when his mom and dad left. Of course he had his favorite bat and ball with him, and also his batting helmut. He has become obsessed with baseball!
We watched Toy Story, drank "Invisible Kool-Aid", ate dinner (he loved my Garlic homefries) watched tv. He was so sweet all evening. I rocked him in my computer chair, and he slowly began getting drowsy. I put down a blanket and pillow on the floor, and said "ok Carmen, lets go night night." He layed down without any fuss, and watched tv through sleepy eyes. Giggled for a moment after watching the snapper guy, "Bobby Badfingers" on "Americas got Talent. He was a complete angel.
His mom, Antje, is expecting a baby in October. It's going to be a girl! and she and husband Michael, might name her "Gabriella".. oh I love that name. Cross yer fingers.

So. now I'm kinda nervous. After this whole terrorist/airport thing.
My daughter Jamie is Flying to Las Vegas with her girlfriend, and her parents, in the morning.
I guess it's a good thing flying with such tightened security. I hate the times we live in.
The simplest pleasures, become stressful now.
Oh well. I'll just feel better once she calls from Vegas tomorrow.
I'm saying an extra prayer tonight.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: