Translate

Friday, June 12, 2009

ONE WEEK AND COUNTING!

One more week, and my friend Teri will be here! YAY!

I don't have any recent pics of her, but I've posted her adorable "PRIM" doll, she created. This is what we're going to be making. I just can't wait!
I'm still trying to get my apartment "guest ready" And time is running out!

This Saturday, I'll be hanging out with my sisters, celebrating sister Deb's birthday. Leaving me most of Sunday to do any "BIG" stuff. I'm a admitted procrastinator, and while I've had plenty of time to get things done... I "prefer" to wait till the last minute.... how would I be stressed otherwise??? lol. Nawhh.. actually I've got everything under control. I'm just trying to keep it all tidy till Teri get's here

Last weekend, I tackled the art room walk in closet... OMG.... what was I thinking????
When I moved in a year ago, I thought I had it pretty well organized... till the holiday's came, and I actually had to try and get to things.
I ended up taking off the closet door.. it opened "in".. and made impossible to get to anything behind it. So... anyway.. the mess was amazing.. but I did it! Just look! you can see the art room floor again! Still, I have a lot of organizing to do, but I managed to empty about 9 boxes, and fill up 5 with "stuff" that I didn't want anymore... man.. thought I took care of that when I left my last place! so I packed it all up & will make a pit stop to the Salvation Army tomorrow. I have ROOM in the walk-in now.. and actually have a few empty shelves!!!!

And for the second Sunday in a row, I was treated to another Steak dinner, cooked by my daughter Jamie!! ahhh.. I just love Steak.
Jamie LOVES to cook. The first Steak dinner, came about after Jamies power went out, just shortly after she got home from work. She was just about to make herself some dinner, and blackout! So.. she brought all the "fixins" to my house... ha! then she came over again last Sunday.. and this time not only did I get a Steak dinner.. but she made us the tastiest Bloody Marys I've EVER had.. omg.. she rimmed the glass with some kind of Creole spice.. man it was awesome!
I decided to return the favor, and invite her over this Sunday, and I'll make the steaks.. (just like she taught me LOL)

Okay.. I'm up wayyyy too late.. and will regret this in about 5 hours... ahh what's new right?
It's FRIDAY.. AND PAYDAY TOO!.. loving it!
Hope you all have a great slow moving weekend!
















2 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Happy Pay Day! I So identify with your 'waiting till the last minute' style. I am the Same way! I don't even do my best thinking until it gets down to crunch time. I know you'll get it done just in time and everything will be wonderful. I hope you and Teri just have the Best time! Your daughter sounds like an excellent cook, so sweet of her to make you such delicious meals. Daughters, what would we do without them? They make life so sweet. I hope you aren't too tired today, have a good weekend! Twyla

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Hello, friend! The doll is so cute and wonderful - I am jealous that I don't get to come and make one too! Your post put me in the mood to clean. Yeah. How'd you do THAT and could you do it more often? Hope it lasts 'til I get through my links list. Enjoy your weekend and friend's visit and making fabulous dolls that I cannot!

marsha