Translate

Sunday, June 21, 2009

BUT....IT CAN'T BE OVER ALREADY!





She just got here... and she's gone!
My Art buddy, and now REAL flesh and Blood friend Teri!

What a great, long weekend I had! I hope she had as much fun as I did!

She brought me a wonderful book called "The Nine Modern Day Muses... by Jill Baldwin Badonsky.
I can't wait to start reading it.

The weather....well.. it was hot and very humid! It had stormed in the morning (which I loved) Then cleared up by early afternoon, but the humidity was even worse.

Teri arrived around 1:30 on Friday. It was almost strange, finally seeing her in "person" after 6 years!
After a big ol' hug, I helped her bring in her art stuff and things, and we sat awhile, catching up.

We went to "The Winking Lizard" for a bite to eat, and I made the mistake, of suggesting we sit on the patio.. ughhh... it was pretty hot out there!

I just had to take her to "Hollo's"... a local craft and paper store, then back home to get started on our Prim Doll project.

We had cut out the fabric, and was about to start sewing. Well... my (seldom used) sewing machine was not working.. grrh.. so, we had to improvise and hand sew them. It was just so fun hanging out, laughing and being so silly!

Gloria and Laure came for a quick visit in the evening. I can't really say what the "thing" is on Teri's chin.. but you might have figured it out..... It was kind of a joke "thing"... and I was 'demonstrating" how "it" worked... and...we were just laughing hysterically! Then.... Gloria noticed a bruise on Teri's chin.. OMG.. "it" had left a "hickey" OMG!!!! now we were really laughing sooo hard!!!!



Well... we went back to my art room... and had a few more glasses of wine.. and did some art.

Saturday morning, I made breakfast, then we worked on the dolls and when we got bored, we switched to Polymer Clay.

We went on a "wine run"... then back for more art!

It was just lots of fun talking, laughing.. eating Chocolate, drinking Wine and the occasional outburst of spontaneous dancing! All while doing art.

Anyway...
We weren't able to finish the dolls, but I'm having so much fun working on mine. I can't wait to see it when its all done. Oh and FYI... mine is going to be a Witch.. thus the "nose".. and for now, as Teri said, is looking a bit Like Robin Williams! LOL.


I can't remember the last time I had so much fun doing art. It was just great having my ART buddy/friend around.

To my "yittle friend Larry"..... come back soon!... lol


...Hope you all enjoy the Pictures!



























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































... Check out my new section!
"MY ADDICTIONS"
....What' s yours?














2 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

MaryEllen! It is so great to visit with you again. Major computer problems on this end, so I am glad to be able to catch up with your weekend fun. Looks like you all had a Blast! Doesn't time just go so fast when you are having fun?. I bet you stayed up all night just trying to get the most out of your weekend. Terri looks like a very fun friend. Isn't it great that she is now 3 dimentional?! Have a wonderful week! Twyla

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Oh, I am so jealous of everything! What a great weekend! I would love to have been there. What a sport too, to pose with the "thing" on her chin! You know how to pick 'em, don't you! I'm happy you had a great time! The dolls look beautiful and I've bet you've found a new addiction!

marsha