Translate

Friday, June 05, 2009

FRIDAY!!!

It's really June!... and all the snow and cold is just
chilly memory. I just love my drive to work, lots of trees, and wonderful morning shadows.

Memorial day weekend, friends Gloria and Laure came over for a "cook -in". Gloria brought the (already cooked) Ribs, I supplied the sides.. and Laure brought the snacks.
All I can say is.. YUUUUUUU-UMMM! The ribs came from GFS... so if you have one near you, try em! Baby Backs.. they were really, really saucy and good!

Gloria's birthday was May 21st... (and the date "was" also my wedding anniversary.. as my daughter Allison loves to remind me every year lol.. ).. and yikes.. I "would have been" married for 32 years!!! Instead, I have been happily, blissfully divorced for 24 years yahh!
... Sooooo... Anyyywayyyyy.
Gloria is not big on sweets, so I decided to present her with a Birthday Watermelon! LOL... she loved it.
when it came time to cut, ....eeewhhh! it smelled
musty, and it was so dry... garbage.. dammit.
Oh well, it made for a good laugh.

Monday, Memorial day, I was invited to my sister and bro-in-laws for a cook out.
Wow! the cooked enough to feed an army!
Everything was sooo good, and I got soo stuffed,
but did regret not taking home a plate... dammit.


Since then, I've just been trying to get my house in order. My friend Teri will be here in just 2 weeks!!! I am soo excited!! HEYAYYAYY!
I can't wait to meet IN PERSON, and do art together!!!! But, we really are old friends.
We've been talking on the phone, IM's and emails
for 6 years! I'll just get to meet the 3D version!


I still haven't done any ART in months!
and right now, my art room is going through a major re-organizing! But, I'll finally be able to get back to what I love soon!

Hope you "ALL" lol.. have a great weekend. I have to work Saturday 3-9.. the crappiest hours.. ugh! but I'll still have Sunday. then the next 2 weekends are mine!
First, hanging out with my sisters for Deb's birthday, then Teri will be here the following weekend! yay!

I am blessed and so are you! xo














2 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Wow, what an awesome shot that last one is! MaryEllen, I just love reading about your adventures. I'm glad things are going well (except the watermelon). I'm sure sorry you have to work crappy hours this Sat. I am so looking forward to hearing about your weekend with Teri. You are going to have so much fun! I am also hoping you get back to your art soon because I so love to see what you create! Have a nice weekend anyway! Twyla

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Hello my dear. I haven't been very loyal lately. I am still in Missouri taking care of my dad and so very far behind on everyone. Before I forget, I love the striped curtain pictures below - those are publish worthy or you could rent them on one of those stock picture sites whose names escape me at the moment.

I am glad winter is finally gone. Rarely getting thunder in SoCal, I have enjoyed the few rumbles I've got to hear while I've been in MO. I've been away 2 weeks now though and very anxious to get home and get back to work.

Hope your weekend has been good and your week ahead even better!
marsha