Translate

Monday, February 11, 2008

STEPPING BACK IN TIME...




Happy 80th birthday Mom Bailey!!!


Not even a Bitterly cold,

extremely blustery day could keep me away.



I've known Winnie and her family for 40 years!


I had such a great time, visiting Hanging out with the Bailey's.

I love mom Bailey. She's always treated me like one of her kids! Once, Winnie was planning a little surprise get together/sleepover at her moms house. Winnie lived acrossed the street from her mom. She told me to just go over to her mom's, and she'd meet me there later. I hadn't seen Mom Bailey for about 5 years. I showed up at her back door, blanket and pillow in hand, and knocked. when "Mom" opened the door, I casually said "hi Mom, Winnie said I could do some laundry here?" With out blinking an eye, Mom Bailey casually said "You know where the basement is"..... ! That's so "Bailey!" That was a great night. Winnie, her sisters and all us girlfriends, hanging out with of course, Mom Bailey.


She still lives in the same house, and going back there is like going back in time. Though there has been some updating, the house is still the same, and brings back such great memories.



Mom Bailey just put the house up for sale!! so my visit was to celebrate her birthday, and see the house once again. The small, cozy house, has such personality. Dark woodwork, a great bathroom, and my favorite....the Green Linoleum kitchen floor!... I love that floor! It was always waxed and shiny. The very small kitchen, somehow managed to hold the whole Bailey clan (5 kids!), and more.

Iwent up to Winnie's old bedroom. Actually it was the bedroom of her and her three sisters! Beds and dressers, Clothes and shoes.. everywhere! It was a great room. Now, it's Mom Bailey's room. (Dad Bailey passed away about 20 years ago.) Winnie, Patti, Sheila and I, layed on the bed, and told stories.

So. Most of the Baileys were there on Sunday. Kids, grandkids and old family friends like Patti, Sheila & I, who love the Baileys. And like always, they were all in the kitchen, like a fine tuned machine, putting out food. We all gathered in the living room to watch the "Bailey home Movies" Christmas, birthdays, Thanksgivings, all taking place in this wonderful old house.



I announced that I wanted a group picture, and it took about 20 minutes to get everyone into position!

I love this crazy lovable family, and I will miss that house!

The girl with the Purple hair?... Winnies 16 year old daughter Tricia, a very amazingly talented Photographer!.. and free spirit! Click the link to see her artistic, very creative photographs.



































No comments: