Translate

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

ARTIN'

I've actually done some art, and sold some too.
The heart, is a custom piece I just did, for an Etsy customer.
She had me make a "First Christmas" ornament. She just got married in July. I feel kinda special, thinking that maybe this ornament will be a treasured keepsake, that they'll look at every Christmas.

I just sold the "Snowman" greeting card/ornament, and two others, to a repeat customer. I love when they come back!

I give my kids an ornament every year. This year, I made them ones, using an old picture of MOI! when I was about 7 years old.
I remember taking that photo. Wearing that dress, and my mom telling me "don't get dirty" or something like that.
I love that photograph. There aren't very many pictures of me when I was little. I love that its at Christmas, and most of all, I love that you can see the painting in the back. It was done by my father.

Work was busier then I expected it to be. I guess everyone is scrabbling to get their orders in, and shipped out in time for Christmas. I think it will be very slow next week.

I'm excited that I don't have to work a weekend, till Dec 22nd!!!!! ahhhh. I have all these weekends to myself! I'm hoping to get more greeting card/ornaments made and listed on Etsy.

We've been lucky with the weather so far. We did have our first snow on Thanksgiving. Most of it came overnight, while Gloria and I were up alllllll night, working on an art project. It was good, because by the time she went home at 11:30 a.m Friday... the roads were dry. I helped clean off her car.. and I hate cleaning the cars! The ice.. the scraping..the snow blowing back in your face!!! GGGRRRRR.. & brrrrrrr.. !












No comments: