Translate

Monday, November 12, 2007

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!




























































Well.... another weekend gone.
It's 12:50 a.m. I had a cup of coffee earlier, and it will probably keep me up, but I really wanted it, and it hit the spot.
I had to work on Saturday, 3-9p.m. it was the slowest I've ever seen it!
Worse, was that up until Friday, I thought I was scheduled for 9-3p.m.... and made plans to meet my girlfriends for dinner. I was so disappointed that I had to cancel! Oh well.
So... I stayed up all night on Saturday, not going to bed till 6 a.m. I miss pulling an all nighter! I spent the night doing art. Well most of the time I was working on the Ruffled Card ornament above.
I really like the way it turned out. A few last minute touches, and I'll be listing it on ETSY.
I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving where did those last few months go? WHOOOOSHH! I can only hope the Winter months go as fast, and it will be Spring again soon.
I'm mourning the leaves leaving the trees. I hate when the trees are bare.
And, I hate the time change, leaving us to drive home in the dark every evening. Ahh ok, ok... I'm done Whining.
I have to remember to close my storm windows, and take the screen out of the front door, oh, and put in a new furnace filter. The Rites of Winter.
My house is still a disaster. I still have boxes that I packed, and a sheet hanging on the front picture window. .... Thinking I would be moved out by now. Ah so, I've put that dream on hold till Spring.
But now I have to get the house in order for Thanksgiving.
We had a great time, at our last PSMWG gathering. We held our last "Coronation" as "S".. Sheila turned 50. I was so excited that I was finally able to give her my gift. An old children's storybook called "365 Bedtime Stories"... It was a book I got for Christmas in 1964?.... I LOVED this book. There was a story for each day of the year, and the stories were all about the children that lived on "What a Jolly Street" I found the book on Ebay a couple years ago, and I hugged it like a long lost friend. When Sheila saw it, she teared up too, saying she had that book and loved it too. Of course the light bulb went off, and I was on a quest to find her a copy too.
I finally found it last December, but I had to wait almost a year to give it to her!
She was very choked up when she opened it, and couldn't stop crying! I know how she felt, seeing this old friend.
She got great gifts from the other PSMWG's.
I made her a special "S" shaped Pizza!
It's always fun when we're together.

So now another week ahead. I'm wondering if work will be as slow as it was on Saturday.
I've been told many times, that catalog sales drops off In December, and to be prepared for getting sent home, during that time. Cool... I'll do art... not cool... .. I'll be losing some $$$. But, I'll get by as always, with God watching over me.
Have a great week!


1 comment:

Elaine Kerr said...

Well, hanging around with you obviously requires some type of costume! Just came from your sister's 60th on flickr. What a hoot! Still tears in my eyes from from laughing!