Translate

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Getting Ready for YA YA!

I've been busy working on a memory book for our annual "Mothers & Daughters" Spirit Celebration" or YA YA! coming up this Saturday, October 14th.

I finally have enough (the past 3 celebrations), to get the book going. Lots of pictures, and highlights of each gathering.
The picture on the cover, is of my Great Grandmother, Odelia Bertrand. Isn't she beautiful? They called her "Deely"
She is decked out in her own YA YA hat... a crown of course, because she is the Queen!
all the mothers and daughers attending are, her direct decendants!
She's also "holding" a glass of Mimosa, (hand painted by me) our official breakfast drink a YA YA. Our group is really growing! Last year there were 19th of us.
This year there will be 23, counting our newest YA YA, Anna. Actually, there are 6 more. the granddaughters of my cousin Rosemary. They won't be attending, but will be with us in spirit.

I've never met them before! and I'm anxious to
hear about them. They are 7 years old and younger!


>>>>>>>>>>
So, the job hunt continues. I posted my resume online, and have had a few responses. One that sound interesting, so I'm hoping to hear from them again, by the end of the week.

I ran to the store, and as I was backing out of the driveway, I looked to my left, just a few doors down, and saw a huge tree that had fallen, and was laying completely across the road! I didn't hear it fall, and didn't realize it was that windy. I thought to call the city but figured someone probably had already called. When I came back, it was still laying there, so I called the city and reported it, and within 20 minutes, a tree removal crew was there! impressive.
Today started off, warm, with a mix of sun and clouds, then went to all clouds. In the evening, the rain came, and the wind really picked up.
So now, it's pretty chilly, and getting chillier. They're calling for SNOW SHOWERS tomorrow evening!!!!!!! OHHH NOOOOO... I am NOT ready for snow, of any kind, in any amount. It's just wayyyy to early! There is also a frost warning for tomorrow night, that will officially kill the growing season. Damn... I'm not ready for cold weather! Grrrrrrr. Well maybe we still have a chance for an Indian Summer... pleeez? Posted by Picasa

No comments: