Translate

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Tremont Art & Cultural Festival

Well I tore myself away from my Halloween art, to take in the Tremont Festival on Sunday. It was a picture perfect day. Ideal for a festival. I went with my sister Susan. My other two sisters couldn't make it this time. So, we browsed up and down each row, trying not to "cross over" and peek at the other side. We stopped for lunch under a shady tree, and enjoyed Pulled Pork Sandwiches, and the lovely breeze. We tried to ignore the buzzillion little "nats" flying around everywhere. I've never seen so many before. Someone said the "nats" were a good sign that the lake (Erie) was "healthy"... ok.. ? I noticed the same pesky little creatures all around my house.. Thousands of them!... but they never broke "the plane" of the porch. They just hovered all around, especially the bushes. Anyway.... The cool temps seem to have chased them all away today.. yea! It's actually quite chilly right now. I refuse to close my windows. I love the cool air at night when I sleep. Cozy under my comforter!
It seems Autumn is coming early this year. I LOVE, LOVE
LOVE Autumn... I just don't like that it means Winter is on the way. The Weather people are saying we might have a mild Winter, if there is an "El Nino"
lets cross our fingers! Also, lower heating cost. This will be wonderful. My highest gas bill came
two Winters ago...... $497 for one month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg!!!!! Well this house is old, and on the large side. And it doesn't help that the furnace is probably the original one!!! this.. is one of the reasons I'm going to be moving. The rent is cheap, but combined with the heating cost.. well. I could afford a great apartment instead! I'll miss this house. Lots of memories here, but time to move on.

I also went to the "Flower Factory" on Saturday, with my sister Rita. I think they're only in Ohio, and Indiana???.... well it's a really cool place. You have to have a membership card to get in.
The prices are wholesale, and the place is huge! I could spend hours in there!!! I found some really cool Orange Organza ribbon, with Orange glitter all over it! .. (I'm such a glitter freak!) It worked perfectly, in my Halloween art. I found some stiff Felt sheets too, and I'm using it to make Halloween masks. I picked up a few more sheets of collage papers, and more Glitter. You can never have too much Glitter ya know! Ok... I'm up way too late again. I took a "little" nap when I got home, and I'm just now starting to get sleepy again. I will pay for it in the morning as usual.
So I'm glad I paid for a craft table indoors, and not out. It's supposed to rain on Saturday.. I hope it doesn't keep the people away! I've got so many projects to work on, once this little show is over. I still need to totally empty out my artroom, and get it organized. I need to assemble the YA YA scrapbook. There will be a "Coronation" of another PSMWG, Winnie, who's turning 50 in October. Then start thinking about Thanksgiving... and.. Christmas! wow. I actually bought two presents already!... which is remarkable for me. Ok. I better get to bed.
Have a great rest of the week. Bless you....
MaryEllen
















Lolly The Trolly... in Tremont. Posted by Picasa

No comments: