Translate

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy....

Well, I'm still at it! Still working on new art for a show on September 23rd. I'm having such a ball! My creative juices are really flowing... Thank God! I've been doing art almost every evening. Listening to oldies, and lighting my favorite Autumn candle ("Mulled Cider" by "The Old Virginia Candle Company) My sisters came over on Saturday, and and we were all doing art... accept for Rita, she was busy with plans for our 4th annual YA YA day. She claims she's not artistic, but she's a wonderful floral Designer... (she even worked at Michaels) So we has so much fun. We picked up Chinese from my favorite place: " China Kitchen" And I got my usual, Wor Sue Gai.. yummmmmy.
We sat around, laughing, drinking wine, and talking. They spent the night, and in the morning we had breakfast, and coffee, and went right back to doing art. After they left, I spent the rest of the day working. The framed pieces

you see, Started as collaged Halloween cards. Although I tried to keep them simple, they ended up being more detailed, and I couldn't bare to part with them for just a few bucks, so I decided to frame them, and add a cool Crochet trim, that I found at Jo Ann fabrics. So I think they look pretty cool!
I have so many other projects, I hope I get to do.
So my dining room is trashed! There is paper, paint, glue and stuff, everywhere! But I don't plan on moving anything till I'm done!
I hope things sell, but I get so attached to new pieces, that I find it hard to part with them. But as long as they go to a good home, I guess it will be ok.... :-) So now the week is coming to an end. Tomorrow should go fast at work. We're having safety training all day... yawwwwwnnnnnnn.. But it will be a nice change of pace.
My daughter Jamie, and son Eddie, went to the "JOURNEY/Def Leppard Concert, at Blossom.... (a Large Amphitheater) with some friends, last night. I love that they love the "older" music. They're both in their mid twenties. Jamie was thrilled to hear her most favorite song "Open Arms" live. She said the rain was light, and the crowd mellow.
Back to the craft show... I got my confirmation letter yesterday, and my table location... right by the door! That should be a good spot no? I'm really getting the itch to keep doing shows. I just have so much fun, and it's really not about making money.... although that ain't so bad either! I'm gonna have quite a mess to clean up, once the show is over. Well this might be a good time to really organize my artroom, since half the stuff is now in my dining room!
I'm also going to be working on a scrapbook for YA YA. to keep record. I hosted the very first one, in October of 2003. The idea really went over big with my sisters, daughters, and neices. We made crazy hats, have induction cerimonies, and eat alot! You can check out the photos from last years gathering at my website: www.artkissed.com just click on the "Family" link. I love that my youngest (great) nieces, will grow up with our new tradition, and hopefully, they will carry it out too. We really embrace our family traditions, and ancesters, and hopefully, the little ones will know them, better than I did.
Ok... so I need to get to bed!
Stay tuned for more artwork, and eventually
photos from the craftshow too..

nite!
Bless you... MaryEllen
Posted by Picasa

No comments: