Translate

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

THE BIG DAY HAS COME AND GONE...

Well the "big" craftshow is finally over. It was not big at all, and pretty disapointing. Actually I expected it to be as uneventful as it was, and I won't be doing that show again!
I did make sales, a whopping $95! ... whooo hoooo! better than nothing I suppose.
My sister Deb was with me, and had some of her cool mirrors for sale, and awesome photo cards. It was nice hanging out together, and we had plenty of time to talk.
So now I've just listed the remaining pieces on Etsy....www.etsy.com (search "artkissed" to see all my items)
I had been up late the night before, finishing things, and packing it all. I couldn't wait to go to sleep. Then the phone rang, ant 2:45 a.m!

oh my God.. who is it???.....
It was my nephew Michael, his wife Antje (pronounced Ont-ja) was in labor. I had offered to watch their 2 year old Son Carmen, when the big day arrived......
OHHHH I'm soooo tired!!! What are the odds?
I told him I had a show, but said to bring him, and I'd figure something out, "just go and have a baby!" I realized I was not going to be sleeping. I had the bright idea to lay down till they came over. I was too wound up to sleep, even though I was dogged tired. They came, and snuck out, Carmen had been distracted by the 101 Dalmations movie, and it was 10 minutes before he realized they had left... let the screaming begin! He finally calmed down, and watch the movie, finally dozing off on the sofa. Anyway..... My sister showed up at 7, thinking the show started at 9... no sister, set up was at 9... Reluctantly, I woke Carmen, so I could change his clothes, and get him Ready. Michael had called to say they had gotten ahold of a family friend who had also offered to watch Carmen, and that she would pick him up by 8:30. She picked him up, and off we went to the "big" show. I hadn't eaten, or even had a cup of coffee!... boy was my butt draggin'

The people strolled by, and I couldn't wait for it all to be over. I JUST WANT TO GO TO SLEEEEP!.

Soooooo. I'm glad that I had a reason to make art. Especially for Halloween. I've already sold one piece yesterday, shortly after listing it.

I don't think I mentioned it yet, but I was laid off from my job last Wednesday...... yep! This is the second time from the same place! The first was January 6th of this year. They called me back after 6 weeks. This time was totally unexpected. And it's a permanent lay off. Not that I would be in any hurry to go back. I will miss the convienence of being just 4 minutes from home. I am cringing at the thought of having to find another job. I HATE INTERVIEWS!!!!!!
I have been through it all before, and I know I will find something. I filed for unemployement right away, and hope that my art sells on Etsy.

I am in denial, and completely enjoying the benefits of being unemployed. Staying up late, sleeping in late, not having to wear make up. Watching Oprah.. (God I missed her!).... and having coffee late at night, like I'm doing right now. How quick you can forget that you ever had a job! I do feel those (no longer earned) dollar bills, with little invisible wings, flying away with each passing hour. I keep mentally tallying how much money I have "lost" since Wednesday, September 20th. And feel like the weekend is a safe haven from my depleting income.
I'll be okay. God will help me, like he has in the past. I'll get off my butt, and reluctantly start job hunting....again........dammit.

Here are some images from the craft show.
I did some face painting too.
These girls were sisters. They were so cute. They loved the face painting, especially because they were going to a birthday party, and could show off their painted faces.

Ok.... I really don't want to get in the bad habit of staying up verrry late, and sleeping toooo long.
Oh, by the way. My dining room is STILL a big mess. I just havent' had the time or energy. But I think I'll tackle it tomorrow, now that I've finished listing on Etsy. I may even pull out the Halloween decorations.
I'm so excited the new season of Grey's Anatomy has started. Are you addicted???

Ok.. that's all for now... tune in next time, to see my latest job status... how exciting!
Have a great rest of the week.
Till next time.
Bless you!



 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you love Grey's Anatomy because it's set in Seattle? Home of the FABULOUS wild parties???? remember? lol...so underwhelmed!

Sorry to hear that you're laid off, but maybe you'll find a job near Medina and be able to move before the huge utility bills hit this winter!

Love,