Translate

Sunday, November 29, 2009

YOU KNOW DASHER AND DANCER AND PRANCER......




But do you know these Reindeer??
It's the PSMWG's of course

P-PATTI, S-SHEILA, M-MARY ELLEN, (ME), W-WINNIE, G-GLORIA.
Saturday, was another fun gathering of my best buds.
We went to Cozumel's, a local Mexican Restaurant. And we had a "couple" of
Margaritas.... okay.. it was a couple of pitchers!.
Gloria, brought us Reindeer Antlers. Another fun thing to add to my growing "PSMWG" collection.
We headed back to my apartment, just about a mile up the road. And sat, had desert and coffee. Lots of fun as always!

I THINK I LOST MY MO JO....
My ART Mo Jo..... I haven't produced anything since last February. yes.. I've done some doodling, I even made 2 Prim dolls. But It seems my creative juices have all dried up.
Today, I sat at my art table, anxious to spend the day doing ART. I couldn't think of anything exciting to make. Everything I thought about making, didn't thrill me. Or, I wasn't in the mood to start the process whatever it was.
help.
I think the fact that the clock is ticking, and the day is slipping away, made me feel anxious, that I wasn't taking advantage of the day and I needed DO SOMETHING QUICKLY! before the day was gone, and I regret not making SOMETHING. I pulled out some paper, and colored pencils, and a technical pen... More doodles.
Now it's almost 5 p.m. and the "meat of the day" is pretty much gone. My "window" to sit and leisurely do art, is closing.
I don't have much creative juices during the week. When I get home from work, I want to do nothing. It's like my brain is fried from work, and can't focus on ART. So 5 days a week, are usually ART-less.
leaving only the weekends.. or just one weekend day, if I have to work the other.. to do art.
I have so many ideas but I can't focus on which to do... and end up doing nothing!
I wanted to make some Christmas ornaments, or gifts. But I have no good ideas.

The daylight is quickly disappearing. I sit and look at all my art supplies.. hoping one will "speak" to me.
nothing.
Okay.... I will just let another perfect day go by, and hope that my Mo Jo comes back soon.. : (


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

MaryEllen, I hope you get your mojo back soon! I can certainly identify with you though. I think we all go through these dry times. It's hard to force it when it's not coming naturally. I have my mindless crafts, which is knitting. At least I feel productive making houseshoes. I stay creative minded by reading Somerset magazines and looking through blogs. You are so talented in so many ways, but I know when the pressures of the daily grind get too much you loose that inner drive. Maybe you should just relax and enjoy the art of others and you'll get rejuvenated. I love the picture of you and your dear friends. So glad you had fun! Have a wonderful week! Twyla

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi MaryEllen! Sorry your weekend is over. I hope you have a great week! Twyla

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Looky here . . . I, for once in a long long while am actually blog visiting and not playing that evil addictive game that shall remain nameless! hee hee
I hope you find your mojo. I have loved the work I have seen from you. I agree, read some magazines and start out small - maybe ATC's or something cozy like knitting sounds wonderful! You have gifts you need to share with the world. Taking rests and breaks to refresh is always good, but jump back in someday for the rest of us!
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
marsha