Translate

Monday, February 09, 2009

CREATE WITH WILD ABANDON!
















Yessss!
The first round of the Journal project is done!
Teri and I have finished Quote #1...








































Teri has created a Blog just for this project!
So... click on the pic above and check it out!
We'd love to have your feedback too!


Teri's journal page just blew me away!
The color grabs you first, then the amazing
funky details. That's a self portrait!
The quote she chose is amazing too,
kinda like words to live by.
I am so excited about this, our first "group"
project!

Teri lives in Indiana, and while we've been friends for
several years, we've never met in person!
(She is planning on visiting....this Summer? yay!!)
We're both very passionate about ART and always wished
we lived closer so we could hang out and do art!
So she came up with this journal project idea.
Create a journal page around a quote that each of us will take
turns giving every two weeks.
It's something we can work on together, even though we're not!
I got so excited!... have I said that yet?

I've never done a journal before, so I was anxious to try it.

Teri emailed me with the specifics of the journal project, then emphasized
the "rules"....
"CREATE WITH WILD ABANDON...&
F@$ & THAT INNER CRITIC!"
..... I loved that!... so much, that I
made a little poster to hang in my art room (see pic above)
as my daily reminder.
Teri liked it so much, she's going to incorporate it in our Blog
Banner she's designing.

So... is all way too fun! Teri is just as excited as I am
and I think we've both been "refreshed" with inspiration
and the juices are flowing once again!

Stay tuned to see the new journal quote pages, that will
be posted every two weeks.

.... wait...... Sunday is over....
another work week is before me. I hope it goes fast,
and I'm back in my art room working on project #2!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!


4 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

MaryEllen, I think this sounds so exciting! I look forward to following along and watching your journal pages as they develope. Your art work is so inspiring! Have a good week! Twyla

Tumble Fish Studio said...

I swear I commented here, didn't I? Maybe it got lost in the atmosphere. I am so excited for you and this new endeavor! I love your banner and your first page is amazing, AMAZING I tell you!

On another note, I'm just popping in on my regular blog stops to let everyone know I'm getting ready to leave for my dad's in a couple of days and have so much to do before that. I may not have much time or access to the net for awhile so know that I a missing you and your blog and thinking about you. I'll get all caught up when I get home.

Happy Valentine's Day!
marsha

Chrisy said...

I really like this intricate work with it's inspiring messages...

MaryEllen said...

Thanks all!... It's really a fun project! Making me think outside the box! LOVE IT!.. working on Journal page #2 now!...stay tuned.

~MaryEllen~