Translate

Friday, August 15, 2008

IT HAS ARRIVED!



"THE NEW PHONE BOOK'S HERE!...THE NEW PHONE BOOK'S HERE!"



...............LOL........
That's one of my favorite lines from the movie "The Jerk" Starring Steve Martin.
His character "Navin R. Johnson, is excited because the New phone book has arrived, and his name is in it!...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
SORRY.. lol..


But that's what I felt like shouting, when I went to my mailbox today!
There it was, the Somerset Studio "Vintage Halloween" issue! OMG.. I was so excited!
On my drive home from work today, I remember thinking, "Wow, I have to wait two more weeks, before the magazine arrives."..... and there it was! Actually, there were two. One was my subscription, the other was my free copy I received, for having my artwork selected. So... I couldn't get in my apartment fast enough! I put the magazine on my art room desk, then changed my clothes. ( something I do before I do anything... gotta lose the bra!) I put on something comfortable, grabbed a nice cold Pepsi, lit a cigarette.. (I know .. I know... I know... )..sat down, And carefully removed the plastic sleeve. Ahhh the cover is beautiful! I went through, page by page, wide eyed with anticipation. Finally.. there it was! I felt so giddy! It was also very humbling. After seeing all the other artwork that is so amazingly beautiful, it made me wonder how the hell did they pick mine? Seriously, I'm not being modest, just honest! Ok, my piece is cute, but very "safe" and conservative, compared to some of the very intricate pieces. But I guess this is my style, and I know I shouldn't compare my art with others. Sooo anyway, It's very cool to see my art in this very cool magazine.

... (click on the photos, to see larger image)

I have to say one thing......but it makes me think of something my best friend told me not too long ago... she said, "You're not happy unless you can find something to bitch about!" She was laughing when she said it, but sadly she's right!...... with that said, I was just a little disappointed with the quality of the image. The colors are very "washed out" compared to the actual colors, which are warmer, richer and more vibrant. But no one will know that... except you and me right? LOL
The truth is, I REALLY AM HAPPY! and very tickled!



I just picked up a few new Halloween decorations at Pat Catan's (our local arts & crafts store) the other day. It was great seeing all that Black and Orange! And I can't wait to decorate!



So that's my big excitement!
Thanks for all the well wishes along the way, and for indulging me during my 15 minutes of "fame." xoxo



Enjoy your weekend!!

2 comments:

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Yeah!! How exciting! I can't wait to get mine! You should be so proud. I would of been screaming off the roof tops.

The pictures look great in the mag. I think only you will notice the color! From what I see it looks perfect.

Have a great weekend!

Kim

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Such excitement! I can't wait to get my copy. I 'know' someone in a magazine! You're artwork is as good as anyone else's. I'm sure they had many reasons to choose yours.
You are too funny. I love that movie 'The Jerk' there are so many funny lines from it. I love it when Bernadette Peters says, "It's not the money I'll miss, it's all the Stuff!" I also pull my bra off as soon as I get home! Can't stand it! Anyway, Congratulations on your success. I'm very happy for you! Twyla