Translate

Monday, August 18, 2008

HALLOWEEN PILLOWS



Where did the weekend go?
One minute I'm relaxing doing art, enjoying the weather, and POOF.... It's Monday. Darn.
Oh well.


I had lunch with friends at our favorite restaurant "Fiesta Jalapeno" on Saturday, and then started organizing my art room on Sunday. I've got a big pile of "mess" in the middle of the room, but my desk is cleared off, the shelves are stocked and organized. Another few months or years, and I'll have it all done.. LOL.



Daughter Jamie came over on Sunday, and I made us Meatloaf for dinner. She got busy working on her friend's Bachelorette party invites.
She worked on the computer.. my usual spot. So I decided to make some little Halloween pillows. I got a couple sheets of Felt, and started working. I forgot how fun it was to work with felt. It reminded me of being a kid again. I was always going to Woolworths and buying sheets of it, in all different colors. I'd make little Barbie pillows, blankets and drapes. So I whipped up two little pillows in no time. I used an old pillow to stuff the ...as Jamie kept calling it "Wilson" pillow.. she said it reminded her of the Volley ball in the movie "Cast Away"...She's right lol..
For the 2nd pillow, I took all my favorite Halloween ribbons, and just glued strips of them to the felt. It's ready for sewing and stuffing.
I could only scan images of them for now, as I've finally packed up my camera, to send off for repair. I miss my camera! : (



Nothing else happening for now.
My daughter Allison is organizing a weekend "camping" trip at her little Camper in near Pymatuning. It's actually a fully stocked stationary Mobile home, complete with wide screen TV. Ahhh so much for "roughing it" I'm stuck working this weekend, but desperately trying to find someone to work for me, so I can go. A lot of my family will be there, and it will be fun!



Monday is done.. yay.
I do have Memorial weekend off.. ahhh 3 whole days off! September is just around the corner.



OOPS!... I just remembered I have a Calender project I'm supposed to have finished and the end of the month!



Enjoy your week!

1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Always sad to see the weekends gone. I get a three day weekend (I am lucky). Do you think I get more done? More blog reading maybe(definitly). Love your cute new pillows. I had an idea for a felt Halloween craft too. Funny how creative minds think a like. I love knowing that you have two daughters. That is great! As you well know, I think daughters are pretty special. I sure hope your camera gets fixed and returned soon. I'd love to see more pictures of your art room! Have a great week! Twyla