Translate

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

THE FIRST THREE MONTHS


Wow... I've been in my apartment now, for 3 months already!
I still love my apartment, and it feels like home.
The only small problems are the very loud A/C units right outside my bedroom window. On cool nights, I like to sleep with the window open, and apparently, the upstairs neighbor prefers the A/C..... darn.
The other thing... BUGS! EWWH.. I don't even want to talk about them, for fear one will show up. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that the apartment is on a slab, and all the mulch etc....
Creepy looking Centipede types, from very tiny, to 2 inches long.... BBBBWWWAAHHHH!!!
Then came the flying ants. One evening, I look over to my art table, and their they were! 6... 8... 12...and more. Oddly, they would only show up in the evening. It took about 2 weeks worth of spraying, and picking up dead ants ever day before they were finally gone. I had even covered every air duct with Tulle, thinking that must be how they were all getting in. It appears they prefer coming in under the baseboards. Of course they do.. I can't put any Tulle on those!!
So.. it's been two days... and I haven't seen "any." Paranoid me can't stop looking around. I will be ready next Spring.. I will start spraying in February!!... and I'm not kidding! I did this at my last place, to prevent the Centipedes coming in, which... I thought...the 2 or three I'd see all Summer, were a problem. I was actually excited at the thought that, once I moved.. no more Centipedes.... !!! HA!!!..
Anyway, no more bug talk!

The Summer is quickly fading. I'm actually looking forward to the Fall. I'm anxious to see what color the little Maple tree outside my art room window will turn.
Unfortunately, With Fall, comes Winter... omg. It seems like it was just snowing a month ago!
I'm jumping way ahead, and I have to stop, and enjoy what's here now.. Summer! Breezy, warm and beautiful. I love the changing of Seasons. Although, I would prefer if Autumn lasted longer, clear into the Spring!

I was all excited thinking that the The Somerset Studio issue that I'm being published in, would be arriving in the beginning of August. I went to the mailbox, hoping to find it there. Then I went online to their website, and realized it wouldn't be out till September 1st. Yikes!! I can't wait that long!
Inspired by my small accomplishment, I actually made and sent in, another Collage. This one is for their "Black & White" theme, for their January/February 2009 issue.
I made a pair of Saddle shoes! The shoes were created with layers of card stock.. and magic.. LOL. I used an image I found online as my template and reference.
The picture is poor I got my camera to work.. but barely.... no.. I haven't sent it in yet.
The collage is simple but bold. It looks better in person!
I hope they like it. As much as it would be amazing to have another piece published, I'm still more impressed with the fact that I sent it in. Also, how inspired I've become.
I get the next 2 weekends off!!! And hopefully, I'll get more Halloween art finished, and listed on Etsy.
Work...... not worth mentioning.. so I won't.
It's officially Wednesday again. Time really is flying.







































1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Your saddle shoes are adorable! Hope they publish you again.
We've had our problems with those little red ants and spiders. I don't like bugs either and am careful about spraying because we have the dogs. It seems every season has it's challenges. We've been having near 100 degree weather here this week and I'm wilting. Fall is a good time of year. Have a great week! Twyla