Translate

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

IT'S SPRING!

It's officially SPRING!
 Although, if you ask me, it showed up weeks ago!
We're still having amazing weather. Temperatures have been in the high 70's for the past week and a half.
I'M LOVING IT!  Being in this part of the country, we could be seeing "the white stuff" well into April. Instead, we have Trees in full bloom, and Spring flowers. It's wonderful!
Along with the amazing weather, comes Thunderstorms!... anyone who knows me, knows how I love a good Thunderstorm. Nothing dangerous of course, just watching the Grey clouds roll in, and the wonderful sound of Thunder rumbling. I was woke up by a Thunderstorm last week. It was heaven.
   This past Sunday, we had a little storm. I couldn't resist snapping some cloud picks to go with the other million cloud pics I have (and I wonder why my computer runs so slow?) ... anyway.. I captured a wonderful
"heart cloud"... I took it as a message directly from God... to me  (smile).


 It's already Wednesday, the weeks fly. It seems like it was just Thanksgiving! I just hope Spring and Summer take their sweet old time and stick around.

 I spent the weekend making jewelry. I flip flop between stopping, then find myself in the bead isle of my favorite craft store Pat Catans... just "buying a few new beads." My hairstylist, told me that the other hairstylists were asking for more jewelry. I had taken some there last year and they really liked it, and bought quite a lot. So I was flattered they're asking for more.
    After my friend Teri was here last year, I learned to work distraction free. Wow!.... I'm easily distracted, and realized I was causing these distractions. Having the TV on, eating, being on the computer etc... all distracting my creative process. I'd spend more time checking my email, and changing channels.. and wonder why I'd have nothing done.
I turned on the "Seascapes" music channel... wow.... what a difference! Just this wonderful "background"  calming and relaxing. Allowing me to actually focus on my art. Okay, I did check the email a few times..(old habits die hard)... but quickly went back to my art. I actually got several pieces DONE!
I'll post pics of the jewelry next time.

  I really shouldn't be up right now... this is my "bedtime".. 2: 45 a.m... really. I'm lucky that I don't start work till 10 a.m... and can afford to stay up late.


Storm coming in

 Daughter Jamie is coming over this Saturday, so she and I can start making plans for the big 10th YAYA, that we'll be hosting. We were going to make a great Julia Child recipe "Boeuf Bourguignon".. yummmeee!.... but Jamie just had her wisdom teeth pulled last week, and can't quite chew very well. So that will have to be another day. 
Next Weekend is a PSMWG. We'll be going to a reverse raffle, for Sheila's granddaughters dance studio, then to "the Dubya's" W=Winnie's for Coffee and laughs.

Easter is just around the corner and I'm anxious for Ham and Potato salad...  Ever notice how EVERYTHING I do, usually revolves around food? ..... and speaking of food.......

 I'm planning a "Cinco De PSMWG" party on May 5th
The "PSMWG's... are my best friends and I...and thats just our Initials.. Patti, Sheila, Me, Winnie and Gloria.  We try and get together at least once a month. "PSMWG" is us.. and also a "thing".. usually refering to a get-together...as in "when is our next PSMWG... all caught up? hee hee hee. 
 So I'll be hosting in May.  
 I'll make my "world famous" Tostadas, with homemade Pinto beans. No canned beans for me!
and of course, some fresh family recipe Hot sauce...Taco's, Quesadillas....  OH.. I'm getting hungry now.
Yes... there will be a few Margarita's thrown back too.It just wouldn't be Cinco De Mayo.. er a PSMWG with out them now would it?
I'm fighting temptation, to go crazy decorating. And planning on sticking with  things I can make myself, instead of buying the over-priced decorations....We'll see.


Okay, I'm yawning now. Maybe I bored myself reading my own blog .. hee hee..
It's not that bad is it?

have a great day!

FYI... spell check isn't working..... sareee.. : )
 


Love that cloud "roll"



No comments: