Translate

Monday, March 01, 2010

HAPPY MARCH!













































HAPPY MARCH!

Snowy February is behind us, although the snow still lingers, the days are going to get warmer and longer. Daylight savings time is just 2 weeks away and Spring is just 20 days away! Yes...it's on my calendar! no more driving home in the dark or almost dark....soon!

It's Sunday.. well.. really Monday morning.. 2:10 a.m...
I was so lucky to have this weekend off.. and be able to stay in my "comfy clothes" and do art!
I was making "WORD Bracelets."
My sister Susan has been making really cool bracelets and they inspired me to make some too. You can visit her ETSY SHOP at: ARTHEADED.ETSY.COM She's got really awesome paintings, jewelry and other goodies there.


So, I decided to make Polymer Clay beads. I painted them, then added collage bits to some. On the back side of each bead, I added a word or phrase, so each bead can be flipped for two different looks. The hardest part was stringing the beads, actually choosing which ones to use. I would clear the strand 2-3 times before I would be happy with them!
I also made a couple pairs of earrings with the Polymer clay.

So I actually got something done! instead of just talking about it!


And so another Monday.............................eh.
I hope this week goes as fast as last week did.

We still have so much snow, I don't think it ever left the ground the whole month.
But now they're talking about temps in the 40's by the end of the week! that should do the trick!

Well that's all for now
just a quick one.

Better get to bed so I don't wake up like a Zombie in the morn.

Hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh MaryEllen! Your bracelets are beautiful! I hope your weather is as beautiful this weekend as we are having! Maybe your snow will all melt! Ours is finally all gone. Have a wonderful weekend! Twyla