Translate

Saturday, August 08, 2009

THE RAIN, THE ART AND OTHER THINGS...





It's been a little while, since I've posted last!
TWYLA.... thanks for the messages and thinking 'bout me!

Here's just a few images from the past few days.
I loved the "Polka dot" sky, from yesterday morning! (see below)

So.... now I'm off to work on my Witch painting!
I've been doodling Witches at work, a sure sign I've got Halloween on my mind. So I thought I would try and turn one of my sketches into a painting. Harder than I thought.. and wrinkles are also harder than I thought!

This is as far as I got ... see the progression pictures below.

I am vowing NOT to spend the better part of my Saturday, sitting on the computer.. and ACTUALLY do some art today... while enjoying the cool breezes and light rain.. and.. maybe a little Thunderstorm!

So... I'm gonna listen to IL DIVO.. and other favorites...and get to painting!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend... I pray that it goes SSSSLOOOWWW!

Catch ya later!




















































3 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

MaryEllen! It's so good to hear from you! I LOVE that witch painting so much! You are So talented! You amaze me! I hope your weekend is positively c-r-e-e-p-i-n-g along. Did you know that everytime I drink an Iced Mocha, I think of you! Can't wait to see all you create this weekend. Have a good one! Twyla

MaryEllen said...

You are somethin' else!
How do you stay on top of everyone's blogs? I try to visit others.. but just never seem to get to all of them, much less leave such thoughtful comments!

You and I are the official "Mocha Sisters!" lol... going to visit your blog now!
xo

Tumble Fish Studio said...

I, too, LOVE the witch painting! Holy moly woman! Look at you and all of your amazing talent! Very impressive. Hope you had a good productive weekend and have an even better week ahead!