Translate

Friday, May 01, 2009

Happy ONEYEARAPARTMENTANNIVERSARYTOME!

IT'S BEEN A WHOLE YEAR!
I can't believe I've been in my apartment that long!... it only feels like a few months have past. Still has that "new" feel to it.

First pic... was taken today. Notice that "Mosely" my favorite little Maple tree hasn't even started to bloom yet!...result of a very hard Winter? I hope he's okay! and that he'll be bloomin' soon.
2nd pic.. taken one year ago.. on moving day. Mosely had lots of leaves!
I remember moving day. I had a lovely storm which I was thrilled about and glad that the BIG Rain held off, till I was all in!
2009


So.. my apartment is still a work in progress, but I love it even more than I did on day one.. WHY you ask? lol.. I got BRAND NEW CARPET on Friday! What a nice anniversary present huh?
AND... since the exterminator has been here.. I've been BUG-FREE!!!!... (soo far.. fingers crossed)
So... things are PERFECT!!


I re-purposed a painting I did, several years ago.
It was big, and the wooden stretchers were warped, so I decided to cut it apart, and make 2 paintings, that I framed, and now.. finally there
is artwork above my sofa... the first time since I
2008 moved in!...not counting the GIANT METAL
STAR I had hung temporarily.
So.... looks a little better than a bare wall!



PSMWG DAY!
Saturday, was yet another PSMWG DAY!
We all met at a Mexican Restaurant called.. ummm...
Fiesta Pancho's... ???.. or something.. Pancho's.. lol..
The food was great, and Margarita's TASTY!
P gave us all a funny little "Coaster".. it held a single dollar bill..... and when we opened them.. it had a funny picture, and it said:
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
I'M JUST PASSING THIS THOUGHT ALONG....
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED IF THE ONE DOLLAR BILLS IN YOUR WALLET OR PURSE, WERE EVER IN A STRIPPER'S JOCK OR BUTT CRACK WITH THE G STRING?....IF NOT, YOU'RE WONDERING NOW.
HAVE A NICE DAY : )

... OMG.. how funny is that??????
We headed back to our hostess' P's house. Well.... we had
lot's of entertainment.. and that's all I can say..... because what happens with the PSMWG 's.. STAYS with the PSMWG's!.... I will tell you that P.. "somehow".. put a hole in her wall... hee hee hee!..... and didn't "realize" it till some time later.. ooops! LOL...
Her hubby Ron... wasn't too happy about it either lol...
They have a realter coming on Monday...so.. they'll have to get it repaired QUICK!
As always.. we laughed ourselves silly.... mostly at P.......
just wait till she sees the pics! lol.. Luckily.. I'm a loyal friend.. and won't share the "good ones" with just anyone... sorry.. xoxo.

So... my Sunday is ticking away.
I wanted to clean the my ART room but the ol' body was just not willing. So.... I'll "try" and work on it during the week.

I'm looking forward to Mother's day next Sunday!
I'm going to "Don's Pomeroy House" with my kids, for a delicious dinner! it's a really NICE restaurant, and I haven't been there in years.
So.. I'm sure I'll be posting pics.. stay tuned.

I'm going to tend to my Pork and Sauerkraut, MMmmmm.. yes.. I had it not too long ago, but was craving it again. It's just a little baby-sized roast this time. I've never cooked Pork and Sauerkrout before... my daughter made it the last 2 times! So... it will be a trial and error thing, although, I'm trying to follow my sister Rita's Recipe... oh.. but hers is sooooo awesome, I don't think I'll pull it off, my first time out.

Well.. that's in for now. just trying to cling to my Sunday.

I've finally got my cable service back.. after almost 2 weeks of hell with the cable company
"TIME WARNER".. who.. by the way.. have the most terrible "service".. EVER.. grrrrh!
I won't bore you with all the ugly details, I'll just say that I actually SHOUTED at several of their opperators! in my frustration!!!! GRRRRHH AGAIN!

Have a wonderful week!
The PSMWG's!!!













Patti, Gloria, Winnie Sheila & Me...
(hair "style" result of a windy day!)

















Patti's PSMWG costers for us... read more...


















I made PSMWG cookies!

















Meet Patti & Ron's new baby, SAM!
Sweet, Sweet, Sweet!!!!!





















Patti finally "realizes" SHE put a whole in the wall...


5 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Happy Anniversary! That means I have been with you almost a year! You had just moved in when I discovered your blog. I'm glad you've had a good weekend. Love seeing that picture of you and your friends. You know, I've always heard that money is the dirtiest things we touch . . . Twyla

MaryEllen said...

thanks Twyla!
Wow.. you're right! I feel like I've known you much longer!
how lucky I am that you stumbled across my little blog!
Have a great week.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Yes, I've often wondered which blog I was on when I discovered yours, but I can't remember. I am so glad I did! I even 'introduced' you on our blog. I just instantly liked you:) Hope you are having a wonderful week! Twyla

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Well your apartment is just gorgeous! Need a roommate? There are days I think I might be available! I especially love the red chair and the paintings over the couch and the lovely carpet but it is all gorgeous.

I'm glad you had a great weekend last, and hope you do this one coming up! Happy Mother's Day early in case I don't get back!

marsha

MaryEllen said...

thanks girlies for your loyal followings! I appreciate it!
I hope you have a wonderful Mother's day as well! xoxoxo