Translate

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN...

Back in the saddle?.....Well....so to speak....
I'm back in my ART room... and doing more than just watching TV and playing on the computer.
I've been in a year-long Artist "dry spell"... just wasn't feeling very creative, no matter how much art material I bought.
Okay, yes, I did make and sell some jewelry.. and still am.
But my "playin'-in-the-paint" kinda  creativity, was really low. I missed it! thought I lost it!

My daughter's wedding, kept me busy and also side tracked, I had a lot to do, make invites.shower stuff, find "the dress" (mine) etc. etc. ........as wonderful as it all was, I'm glad that "normal life" has resumed.
...And nothing like Halloween, to get me back in the mood. With so many ideas now, I don't know what to do first....and this is a good thing!

I've just listed on Etsy. The first time in a long time! In fact, I didn't even know they had a new listing format, that's how long it's been! I've listed a few Halloween jewelry pieces to get rolling and hopefully more art to follow soon.

I was in a Polymer Clay mood This Labor day weekend. It was so perfect. On Friday and Saturday, the temperature was 92 and soo humid!....  Sunday and Monday?.... high 68, rainy,  cool and breezy! PERRRRFECT!!! (thanks to the remnants of Hurricane Lee).... I had the windows open wide.. and I watched the ever changing cloud show, while I worked. It wasn't just  overcast, the clouds were all shades of Grey, Wild and moody,  I just adore days like that! makes me  feel  so relaxed and cozy.

I had several ideas for Halloween designs... but you know how it goes... my creativity took a turn, and those ideas, headed in a whole different direction.  Sometimes you just got to let the ART lead...
I love the way  they're turning out..... (hope you like em too.) They will be the focal piece of the necklaces. They were supposed to be Halloween themed, but now they're not!... although, I would still like to make some with Halloween designs. Anyway.. check them out in their  not quite finished phase... I'll be adding the necklace portions (hopefully) this weekend! Can't wait to see how they turn out!


I found this really cool "Granite" Polymer Clay.
These are embellished with some favorite sayings.
one of those "light-bulb" moments... "gilding these pieces with a
Champagne colored shimmery paint!.. love those moments!
I finished them (pic coming soon) by filling the center spaces
with "Ice Resin"... love the dimension it added.


Before paint and text...looking a little Medieval, or Goth without the shimmery paint...
perfect for Halloween text imagery




Polymer Clay Pendant,
 featuring a print of my original Witch sketch
 Bracelet with glass beads.

I hired a model to help show some work....
She really needs to eat a little more! :-p

  The week is flying and the weekend will be here again soon...yesss!
BFF Gloria, is coming over on Saturday,   I'm going to be making  "Garlic buttered Bread Bacon Burgers" with "Fresh cut" French Fries... and..... and...Onion Rings, and fresh Ranch for dipping.... .. Oh I can feel my pants getting tight just thinking about it... but hey... sometimes ya just gotta right?

As I end this post, I just noticed it's raining again... God, I love that sound. It's amazing how it can be so peaceful and calming.

See ya later!

4 comments:

ct said...

glad to se you are back in the saddle...I know how that feels - I have missed your art entries - you are the 1st blog I followed with so much inspiration- so welcome back and happy art making to you!

MaryEllen said...

Thank you! hope my creative juices keep flowing!
Happy ART making to you too!

Gaby Bee said...

I saw your polymer clay pieces on a sidebar and had to come and see it up close. They are gorgeous!

Hope your day is going great!
Gaby

Rembrandt Charms said...

That is a lovely calender idea for the pendant...looks very cool and also unique...is that going to be a special date or could be a gift with the birth date or something.