Translate

Saturday, July 03, 2010



Knee high by the 4th. of July!
I think that's a reference to Corn?... and how tall it should be by this time? okay!

Hope you have a wonderful 4th.
Here in Brunswick, Ohio... it's supposed to be near 90
so, I will be having a "Cook-in"... with the same friends as last year. Gloria and Laure, and enough food for 30 more!

It's been a month since I wrote!
The months are flying! It was just "yesterday." I was waiting for it to be light, on my drive home from work. I was waiting for Spring, and warm weather. And it's here! and will be gone before we know it.

The latest news...
First, I'd like to mention the passing of my Aunt Ethel. That's her on the left, in the very cool photo!
She was my mom's sister and she was 96 years old! She was the last "elder" relative, and truly an end of an era. I am sad of course, but she lived a good long life and I know she and all her siblings & others that have gone on before her, are having one heck of a party! I also know I will see them all again one day!


We had an awesome evening storm last Sunday. I even captured a lightning bolt! A second storm approached, and it got almost dark as night! It was a small storm and as it passed, the Sun was also setting. The sky turned this strange swamp Green,
then funky Yellow... then this eerie ominous Orange!!!
my son said their was also a rainbow, which I missed, but I did get pics of that Orange sky! I guess it really freaked people out, the way everything had an Orange eerie glow! me?... I knew it was just the sun setting on the storm clouds and I loved it!!
I also have yet another new great Nephew!
He showed up about 6 weeks early, and only weighed just over 4 lbs. but he's doing very well! His name is Gustas!... it's a Lithuanian name. His mom Alma is from Lithuania.
The other new nephew is Braeden, and he's already 7 mos. old!
our family is growing in leaps and bounds!
I had soooo much fun last month, going wedding dress shopping with Bride to be, Allison, and several (of 9!) of her bridesmaids.
The first place we went was very "froo froo"... they didn't allow camera's (understandable) but the consultant had nooooo sense of humor and had nooo idea who she was dealing with! But we made the best of it.
We headed off to a cute little Cupcake shoppe and did some Cupcake testing!... whhhoaaahh.. YUM!
Then, to David's Bridal. What a difference. Okay, so it's not this stuffy, pretentious "couture boutique"... (Thank God!)... but we had fun! Dresses flying, all the girls trying on bridesmaid
dresses... Allison with her own fashion show. So fun! as it was meant to be!
Afterward, we met up with son Eddie for dinner and celebrate his 32nd. birthday! OH.. I'm OLD!
Yesterday, I met Gloria, Laure and Patti, at Fiesta Jalapeno... aka: "Feisty Pini".. for Dinner a "couple" of Margarita's.. then off to the "Rally in the Alley" for a free concert. We saw a Reggae band, featuring "Carlos Jones"... EH MON! it was a good time!
When I got home, I felt like I was coming down with the Flu! I had (and still have) a headache, sore throat, and got the chills during the night.
I don't feel horrible, but something is still there.
I'm glad it hasn't zapped my energy, I have some serious eating to do! That reminds me, I need to go pop another Aleve.. to "Aleve" this headache!
So.. now you're all caught up on my "wild" Summer!
I hope yours is going well! and that you enjoy every minute of it!
Have a safe 4th of July!





































































































2 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Such fun catching up with you, MaryEllen! Sounds like you've been having lots of fun. I hope your cook in was a blast and I hope you are feeling better. I have come down with a summer cold, first time in my life that ever happened and unfortunately, it has zapped my energy. Sorry to hear about your aunt. That picture was wonderful! It is sad to see the older generation disappear because the things they experienced in their lifetimes were so amazing and soon there won't be anyone left to tell us about it all. I'm so happy for Allison. She is going to be a beautiful bride. I don't care for those pretentious shops, I'm way too hillbilly for that, he he. Your sky pictures are just beautiful. I'm so glad you captured the orange sky. I hope you have a wonderful week! Twyla

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Hi MaryEllen! Yep, it's long lost me. I have kind of been hiding from my regular life since my dad died but have decided it is time to be social and rejoin the human race again. It's not as hard as I thought it would be and I am enjoying flitting about getting caught up on everyone and finding inspiration.

It's great to read your adventures. I love the dress shopping pix - how fun! Those bridesmaid dresses are just as pretty as can be - what great colors!

I'm sorry to read about your aunt. It seems there have been lots of us losing loved ones lately. Does this mean we are getting old? Time DOES fly, doesn't it.

And, finally, I miss those midwest and southern storms so much. They're kinda scary to me now but I miss them anyway. At least there's something to see - earthquakes aren't pretty.

I'll be back soon! I've missed you!