Translate

Thursday, January 07, 2010

JANUARY


Hi All,
Just a quick one today.
It's January!
The beginning of a New year & my birthday month ( ehhhh)
We'll hopefully we'll have a "January Thaw"... but the way the weather has been going so far...we might not "thaw" till June!
My best friend and I, have those 'in depth" conversations about weather and the seasons.
She would prefer that they did away with January & February all together, and skip right to March.. (ahh wouldn't we all!) But I've always liked January. Not because it's my birthday month, but because it is the beginning rather than an End. The days begin to get longer and SPRING.... is just a few months away.
January let's you "start again".... Make resolutions... (not me!).... get organized... (ehhh, not so much but I try!) and "do it better this year."
If January were a color, to me it would be a beautiful deep Crimson Red. Maybe that idea was planted in my head, because the birthstone for January is a Garnet.
Do days of the week and Months conjure up a color in your mind too? Even some numbers have a color.
January-Red..February-Cobalt Blue...March-Pumpkin Orange...April-Pale Pink...May-Emerald Green....June-Pale Salmon....July-Perssimon...August-Watermelon....September-Heather Blue/Green...October-Carmel Brown...November-Mocha....December Pale Aqua.
I'm sure a lot of the colors are "warm or cool"...which may be the reason why they remind me of each month... .... do you think I'm a bit crazy? LOL..
Okay....enough about this!............. and I promise to stop writing after I've had 2 cups of coffee.
That's all for now.
must get to my art. It's a New Year!.... must post art on Etsy.. must post art on Etsy
Good bye... have a great day!

1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

MaryEllen, I Love your art piece! That is so pretty! Happy birthday month to you! I believe in celebrating the Whole birthday month! I do believe people are partial to the month they are born in. I am wildly fond of July. January is one of those 'coasting' months to me. Holidays are over and you can relax a bit. We are having the coldest temps. on record this past week. I'm not liking it much! We have had snow, but don't think it amounts to much more than a couple of inches. I hope that you don't have to get out and go to work today. I hope you get to stay home and create more art! I don't know that I have ever thought of color in relation to a month other than just the birthstone. You have a wonderful eye and are so creative I think it's awesome that you think months and numbers have colors. My favorite number is 24, but then again, that is the day of my birth. I still think it's quite the perfect number though. Do you see a color for 24 also? Have a super weekend! Twyla