Translate

Saturday, July 05, 2008

















Hope you had a great 4Th. of July, I did!
the sunset photos were actually taken a few days ago.

I met Gloria and Laure for dinner at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, Fiesta Jalapeno.
It was a beautiful afternoon, Sunny, Breezy and not too warm. We sat on the Patio and I had a great Steak Fajita salad, and we .. uh.. had 2 pitchers of Margarita's... well, they're very very tasty, and it was over the course of 4 hours. We also made some new friends, striking up conversations with a few other tables around us. There was a couple in their early 50's who road up on Bicycles, a young couple in their 20's, and a Woman who was dining alone. Gloria is famous for striking up conversations with people, and inviting them over. Thus her nick name "Julie Cruise Director" And only if you are old enough to remember "The Love Boat" will you know who that is. So after we ate, drank and made merry, we headed over to the Main Street Cafe for the "Rally in the Alley" A great Summer spot to hear great music. We brought our chairs, and sat to listen to the Awesome Reggae band "THE PLUS BAND" They were so good!
I forget how much I like listening to Reggae. It is mellow, happy and perfect for a Summer evening.
We also met a really cute newlywed couple, Anthony & Rachel. As sweet as they could be. The got married in Jamaica in December, and shared some wedding photos on their I-phone, with us. We met Anthony's brother too. They were all so friendly, it renewed my faith in the "younger generation" Gloria took some photos that I'll post as soon as she sends them to me.
My camera is still not working properly, and I have to send it out soon. I can't bear the thought of being without it, although, right now it's hardly working and not doing me much good anyway!

Soooooooo...
I have to work tomorrow... ughhhhhhhh. It's been sooo slow, and the time drags, but I guess it's almost better than being busy, right?.. well anyway, It was nice having today off at least.
Sunday, Jamie is coming over, so we can make her friend (Also named Jamie) Jamie's wedding shower invites. I'm going to make Tostada's for us too!... mmmmm.. I haven't had them in a very long time, and I can't wait!

That's all for now. I'd like to do some ART right now, but.. I have to get up for work grrrrr.

Uh oh... I just did some channel surfing... they're showing "Yankee Doodle Dandy" with James Cagney!.... I love old movies, and I love James Cagney too. Well... I don't have to be to work till 11 a.m.... so.. maybe I can watch for a bit... just till the end .. : )


3 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Sounds like you had a great 4th. (You forgot to mention that they are 'small' pitchers, too.)This is the weekend Lindsey goes to Nashville with my BFF Susan. They left yesterday afternoon and made it as far as Jackson, TN. They will be seeing Ringo tomorrow night and coming home Mon. I had to sit this trip out so that I could take care of our puppies. I had a nice day with my son, my husband had to work. We watched fireworks last night and ate hotdogs and apple pie. I will miss Lindsey until she gets back, she did manage to get in a post before she left. Have a nice day! Twyla

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun -- I can just picture the Cruise Director in fine form!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Please come check out our blog to see about your award!!!!!!!!!