Translate

Saturday, May 26, 2007

another PSMWG turns 50




Another one bites the dust... Well... not really but it kinda feels like that. Turning 50.. I never thought I'd get here... I thought I was going to be 16 forever! I do believe age is a state of mind. So, in my mind I'm 30 ok?


We had sooo much fun as always. We celebrated "G's" (Gloria) big 50th, at Patti's ("P")


We got BBQ ribs as promised, The Margarita's were flowing, and the funniest birthday cake ever. Winnie frosted her hair, and we sat, singing random songs, as they popped in our heads. Now, does turning 50 sound so bad?


Here are some pictures, and the Tart recipe I promised. The recipe card has seen better days, but I love the nostagic look.


The recipe says "best to triple".. which is refering to the dough, and not the nut filling, if you plan on using fruit fillings too, If not, you might only want a double batch of the nut filling, as it makes alot. You also need those little tart/muffin pans. Non stick are the best, especially when using the preserves. Don't fill the tarts too high, or it will bubble out, and make a big sticky mess. I hope you'll try them. they are sooo good. Great for holiday baking. And they can be frozen too. You can substitute Pecans for Walnuts. It's your choice. ENJOY!


I went apartment hunting again on Thursday, as well as fill out a job application.

Everything is so out of wack right now. So much to think about. First, get a job, then focus on moving, packing... ahhhhhhhhggghhhhh!!!

Well, I think I found another apartment. I liked the Forest Meadows place alot, but I really, really want a patio area, which Forest Meadows didn't have. So anyway, I've been wanting to see the "Aspen Lake" apartments, and finally got to see them. The layout was good, location great. A really cool part, is that they're just down the street from my sister Debbie's house!! So it's all exciting, and all so scary too.

Here are a couple pics of the Aspen.
I had really attached myself to Forest Meadows, and "mentally" moved in. But the Aspen is cheaper, and Just as nice. so I think it's my choice!.... Stay tuned!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the bitter jealousy in my heart when I see photos of you gals having fun in Ohio. I love the coronation outfit! lol

The aparttment looks really nice -- great kitchen! I agree with you about access to the outdoors, and I hope the job/apt/move works out as easily as is possible.

God will open the doors He has planned for you, so we'll all keep praying.

Love,
K.