Translate

Monday, May 29, 2006

Times Like These...



I spent a relaxing holiday weekend, just hanging out
with my best friend, doing art, and sleeping!


My best friend Gloria, came over on Saturday, and we
ordered our favorite Chinese food, and pigged out!
Then later, our friend Bev stopped by with her nephew
Park. Bev is recovering from breast cancer. She's doing
well, and
she's almost done with Radiation treaments.

Gloria and I sat on the porch, to enjoy a beautiful evening. We call it having "Times like these"... a line I stole from an old Tasters Choice commercial. Do you remember the jingle?... "Times like these, were made for Tasters Choice." The commercials always showed friends hanging out and drinking coffee. Well.. that is us. Old friends, talking about the last 30 years, over and over again.

We went on the internet, to get information about Las Vegas. We're going next January, to visit her sister & brother-in-law, who just moved there. I'm so excited!
I've never been to Las Vegas before. It will be my first big trip since I went to England in 2000.

Gloria left around 4 am. I went to bed, and slept till around 12:30. Got up, showered, then started doing an art project, and ended up working on it all night. I didn't go to bed till 10 am this morning! Then I slept til 4pm. Got up showered, and started another art project. I finished them both, and listed them on Etsy. I don't know how good they are, but it was fun spending the day being artsy.

It was really hot today, almost 90!.... too much too soon! but it was a really great weekend.
So, now I'm hoping I can sleep tonight, because I'll be in trouble in the morning if I don't!

I need to stop writing, and go color my hair!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: