Translate

Saturday, July 26, 2008

MY BIG, EXCITING NEWS!!!




I'm being PUBLISHED!!!
Yayyyyyy! I'm so excited!



I got an email from

Somerset Studio Magazine

today, Telling me:
"Congratulations! We’re using your submitted artwork(s) in the September/October 2008 issue."



Oh my goodness!!!



Back in late March, I told myself I was finally going to stop procrastinating, and submit artwork. It was especially tempting, since I would be creating Halloween pieces, for their annual "Vintage Halloween" issue. You know I just love Halloween.
So, I created 2 pieces. I couldn't believe I actually finished them, and ACTUALLY mailed them! That alone was amazing to me...I finally "followed through" with something. And now the thought that maybe, just maybe they would select my art.
And they did!



Please pardon my lack of humility... This is just so exciting!!!



I don't know if one, or both pieces will be published, so It will be a surprise to find out. I will be thrilled no matter what!



I will also be receiving a FREE copy of the Vintage Halloween issue, as a little bonus for being one of the published artists.



So...when I float back down to earth, I will wait patiently (not) for my copy to arrive, sometime in August. Let the happy dance begin!



The pictures above, are of the two pieces I submitted. (They are my layouts, not the magazine's.) I bet you figured that out already huh? You can click on the pics, to see a (much) larger view.



I'm off to email my family....or maybe I'll just wait, and surprise them with the magazine... ya.. me?.. wait?...... nooo way!

10 comments:

cheryl said...

Fabulous news! Beautiful work! Congratulations!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

WOW-EEE!!! That is Exciting News! I am so proud of you I could Bust!!! Your works you submitted are exceptional. I a not surprised your were chosen. I am going to celebrate with you today. Have a wonderful weekend! Twyla

MaryEllen said...

Thank you all so much!!
Twyla, you're something else. We need to live closer, and hang out!.. wouldn't that be so fun?

Thanks for all the well wishes, and for reading my Blog!...and for all the traffic I've gotten because of your Blog.

Enjoy your weekend too,
MaryEllen

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary Ellen - Congratulations on your news! I can't wait to buy that issue and see your work.-carolyn (from puzzle exchange)

MaryEllen said...

Hi Carolyn,
nice to hear from you!
Thank very much!
I'm excited to see the issue too!
hope you're having a great summer!
MaryEllen

MaryEllen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MaryEllen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

what a wonderful surprise, congratulations...well deserved.
Cheryl

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Wow! What wonderful news! You should be so proud. I love that magazine! I can't wait to get it. I recently joined a marketplace called SpookyTimeJingle. We are suppose to have an add in the back of the magazine, advertising our site. So I have two things to look forward to when I get mag. in hand. Truly Congrats! Your stuff is awesome.

I am going to add you to my blog Favorites.

Kim

MaryEllen said...

Hi again Kim,

thanks for the well wishes about being published!
It's so exciting, and I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!

I will look for the ad for "Spooky Time Jingles." That's such a fun site!