Translate

Thursday, May 07, 2009

JUST A LITTLE BIT OF FUN...


Just a little bit of fun.
A digital collage of.. ME..
And... my apartment Leasing agent Joyce... who, is also an old elementary school classmate... found our old 5th. grade class photo!
from 1967!
That's me front center left.. and ironically Joyce is next to me on the right! Cool huh?
I have no recollection of that day.. or that outfit.
I loved my 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Gooch.
Between Joyce and I, we managed to name most of the kids in the picture. Funny I spent 5 days a week with these kids.. and...POOF.. their names elude me.. Well, ok... it has been about 42 years. But I really thought that their names would just pop in my head.... ehh... not so much. Still, the more I studied the photo.. things did start coming back. But there are still those that I don't recall knowing at all.
I still want to remember all the (good) things I've forgotten. I was hoping that somone would make a memory pill. How cool would that be huh?
I'm ALWAYS telling my kids to take pictures of EVERYTHING. First cars, apartments, jobs, favorite clothing etc, Because one day they'll all be gone, and one day you'll want to see them again. and remember.
(click for a better view)
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY!

3 comments:

Tumble Fish Studio said...

It IS a fun little post! I love the art piece! I saw the little preview on my blog links list and had to come take a closer look. It's wonderful!

So you don't remember that time I visited and we went out and you ended up dancing on the table and collecting tips in your undies? I'll have to look for the picture! hee hee

MaryEllen said...

OOOOOOOhhhhhh yaaaaa.... And you entered that wet t-shirt contest, AND WON! lol..
getting old sucks... what's yer name again??? .. xoxoox

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Weren't you cute in that picture! It is sad all the things we can't remember. Good advice to your kids. My mom and grandma always wrote on the back of photos who was in it or what people are doing and that is so helpful looking back. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day! Twyla