Translate

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

SPRING CLEANING


HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!

I'm not Irish...but I've heard we all are... a little, on St. Patrick's Day. I will wear a green shirt, just to avoid hearing the people at work ask "where's your Green?"

I'm excited, that Spring will officially arrive on Friday!
Even though that means nothing in this area, because we can still see more snow this time of year, and even into late April.
Still, It's refreshing, that it is getting warmer, the days are getting longer.. and I feel myself becoming rejuvenated! Ahhh.


I've started Spring cleaning. I managed to get the front closet cleaned out. There were boxes with "stuff" that really never got unpacked, since I moved in last May.

Now, my Christmas tree, laying on my bedroom floor, trying to find a home. (is this good reading or what?) I've taken the door off the walk-in closet, after it dawned on me that the door opened IN to the closet, thus making it almost impossible to get anything that was behind the door... one of the reasons the Christmas decorations are in my bedroom closet now.

So... the big walk-in is my BIG project. I'm cringing at the thought of taking EVERYTHING out, (just look at that mess!) and putting it in a more organized fashion. That will be a whole day's work. ugh.
I am also excited that I'm going to be getting new carpeting in the living/dining room. (it doesn't take much to make me happy!) It was old, with a few stains when I moved in, and I tried to "live with it" but I just can't! So I called the leasing office.. and they said yep! So I will be getting new carpet next month. I haven't been feeling very "arty" lately. Something that seems to be affecting other artists (I read about some, on the comments on "Tumble Fish Studio's blog!) But that's ok. I'm just focused on other things right now. Not to mention that my art room is is need of a Spring cleaning too.

OHHHH! and the really BIG EXCITING NEWS! My "E-Friend" Teri, will be coming for a visit in June!!!! She lives in Indiana.
She and I met at Ebay, in 2002? when she bought a few paintings from me. I bought some of her pottery, and we've been good "E-friends" ever since! How fun it will to hang out for a whole weekend!!! So, that's another good reason to get my apartment looking good!

Ok... so that's all the exciting news from Brunswick, Ohio.
I will post pictures of my walk-in closet when it's done... NOW WONT THAT BE SUPER EXCITING??????? try and contain yourself till then!

Go have a green beer.. and have a great rest of the week.

1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Happy St. Pat's to You! I think I will be a rebel and not wear green cause maybe a pinch or two might be fun:) Thank you for making me feel better about the Christmas tree that is in its box in our hallway! When someone comes over we pull it into a bedroom, when they leave, back into the hallway it goes. There really are no good places to store those things, are there? Good luck with all your spring cleaning. I am so jealous about your weekend with Teri. I want to come spend the weekend with you too! Maybe someday I'll be able to. Have a wonderful day! Twyla