Translate

Friday, September 26, 2008


This evening's sunset


What a beautiful evening. There's a definite chill in the air, and I'm really getting a taste for some homemade Navy Bean soup, or Chili. And I think I'll be making some very soon! The forecast says it's supposed to be in the low 60's by Wednesday. Ahh! The leaves are starting to turn, and some are already a brilliant Golden yellow.
My little Maple tree "Mosley".. hasn't really started turning yet, but I'm sure it will be soon, after a few more of these wonderful chilly nights. I've had my window open while I sleep, & I haven't slept so well in months! Gone is the obnoxious sound of the loud air conditioner, replaced by the rustling leaves.


So I'm watching the debate, and I don't know who to believe. It's a hard choice, actually...I don't think it's much of a choice at all. I don't care for either candidate! That's my whole feeling on politics.. the end!


I got my artwork back from Somerset Studio today. I was surprised to find only one piece (the one that was published) in the box, along with a note saying my artwork was going to be published!...I got all excited thinking they were keeping the 2ND piece, and publishing it too!... then it dawned on me, the letter was just a reminder about having the first (and only) piece published. I wrote Somerset, and got a quick reply. They told me that the 2ND piece would be mailed shortly, and that multiple pieces sometimes get separated when one gets published. She also said, it also might be possible that they could be holding my 2ND piece to publish in their "Gallery" issue, but this was only a possibility. It was fun seeing my (published) piece again. The colors (in the magazine) really are "off" compared to the original piece. It doesn't matter at all, I know.

So... Thank you Twyla, for wishing me a good weekend. Yes, I do look forward to them!.... I hope you have a wonderful one as well xoxo. Saturday, I'm meeting friends Gloria, and Laure for lunch. We're gonna have.. as Gloria calls it "A big wad of meat".... LOL... Steaks. I'm a big meat eater, and I love Steak, and Roast Beef, Gloria prefers Vegetables.. or.. Cheese lol.
My daughter Jamie will come over in the morning. I'm supposed to help.. (or do) make an anniversary gift for her friend. I have to work Sunday 11-5.. : (... And I have to work next Saturday 12-6!!!!... OMG! 7 days straight!.. that STINKS!!!!!..Then it will be "YA YA" time! and I've requested off Oct 10th.. YAYA is the 11th.. It's our 6th Annual! And it's such a great time!.. more on that later.,

So...I keep feeling like I have to work tomorrow.. BUT I DON'T!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY. So I think I will indulge myself, and have a REAL cup of coffee.. get wired, and maybe.. I'll clean up the big mess that has been sitting in the middle of my art room for the past 3 weeks............ehhhh.. hmmm probably not.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!... ESPECIALLY YOU TWYLA!

1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You do crowd a LOT of living into your weekends. I do hope this one is spectacular and hope you enjoy your 'wad' of meat. I chuckled out loud over that one. I'm glad Somerset mailed your art work back, I was wondering about that. Twyla