Translate

Saturday, October 07, 2006

JUST A LAZY SATURDAY



It was a gorgeous Autumn day! Chrystal Blue sky! The leaves are just starting to turn, so I've posted some pictures I took from last Autumn.


I found myself watching the Tigers/Yankee game, and I'm happy to say, the Tigers kicked YANKEE BUTT!!
I'm an Indians fan, but since it can't be us in there, I'm glad for the Tigers.

Ok, so I've been keeping really weird hours since being layed off. I'm taking full advantage of the fact I can stay up as late as I want. Trouble is, I sleep the whole morning away! And I don't like that! So I have to try really hard to go to bed earlier than 6:30 a.m.!!


I need to get more art done. I've managed to sell a few pieces on Etsy, and I want to sell more!

I made myself get dressed, and leave the house today. I had to go to the post office and mail my latest piece. I stopped at "Marc's" a great discount/buyout store, and picked up a few things there. They don't carry produce, so I made another stop at the New Giant Eagle. The last time I was there, I noticed they had a whole isle of Imported foods, including British items. I was excited, hoping I would find some Clotted Cream. I had a "Cream Tea" when I was in Cornwall, 6 years ago, and have craved Clotted Cream ever since. Ofcourse, they didn't have any. So I actually called the store and requested it, never thinking they'd really get it. Low and behold! there it was!!! a small little jar, just 5.6 oz...... $7.49... HOLY SH.......!.... But I wanted it...the little voice inside said "you don't have a job!".... and I mentally shouted back.. "BUT I WANT IT!"... guess who won that argument? Well, I had to buy some strawberry preserves, and get some buscuits.. ( to substitute for Scones) I can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner right?
So I'm unemployed, and eating like a Queen... lol.


So My son Eddie stopped over this evening. I hadn't seen him for awhile, and missed him!
He had been sick for the past week, The Dr. said it was Bronchitis. He's feeling better now.
So we sat an had a nice talk. He's got my sense of humor, and he's always cracking joke, imitating people, and making up funny stories.

Ok, so I'll go watch the rest of the Mets, Dodgers game. I'm not a fan, but nothing else better on for now.
Have a great week.

No comments: